- Returned to Abilene for my last semester as a senior English major
- Had a tea party on my bedroom floor with one creative mom and four lively kids
- Began 4 college classes (World Lit, American Lit, Shakespeare, and Lifetime Wellness)
- Watched LotR (the extended edition, of course, in 1-disk-per-morning/night installments) with S and Mrs. I.
- Began walking almost every morning on a darkening county road with neighbor ladies.
- Took a wild sunset ride on a four-wheeler (Mrs. I was driving, thank goodness!)
Whew! And that's just a bit of it. At the moment I'm sitting in the quiet English Department workroom; we student workers are allowed to do our own thing when there's no work to be done. After a while I'll head out to help with AWANA Cubbies.
Tonight is the first club meeting of this school year! How cheering it was last year to greet those shining, chubby (often mischief-inclined) little faces every week! Games are fun, and puppets, and story time, not to mention crafts and the all-important snack time! But to help them learn God's Word is the most priceless responsibility. I pray the words will come back to them later in life, as they do to me even now, so many years after being in AWANA myself.
Though perhaps they'll remember the references better than I. ;)