Things to be thankful for:
- millions (so it seems to me, their painter) of kitchen cabinets
- the fresh, clean look of what we've done so far
- a mother of incredible indefatigable energy, patience, and hope
- being able to listen to lots of exciting audio books from the library
- manual labor that, in moments of quiet, provides great opportunity for story-plotting!
- a tangible metaphor*
*I realized last night, in the midst of a grumpy attitude and desperate slopping-on of paint, that a Christian's sanctification is a little like a house being painted. It seems to take forever, needing several more coats at least, and still there are bad brush strokes and sloppy drips, but we mustn't stop seeking perfection because we can't get there all at once. Persevere! Look to Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith! And oh the glory when the dingy, dark, and dirty is covered slowly in glorious white! I couldn't keep being quite so grumpy after all those thoughts came rushing in. :-)