Friday, November 14, 2008

Come What May



Thanks to the suggestion of my friend Charity, I watched a grand film last night when I probably ought to have been writing. Of course it wasn't your fault, Charity - but I do tend to snap up distractions rather easily when I should be working on big projects ;) I highly recommend it, especially if you love to see well-done, epistemologically-sound films done by homeschooled Christians. The acting was great, the story compelling, and the issues the characters struggled with vital. It is an excellent pro-life story, and an excellent character-affirming story. Again, I say to you, I highly recommend it. :-)

Watch the film in five streaming segments here.

Visit Advent Film Group's home page here to learn more about the film and watch trailers.

I think it would be grand to get to help directly with one of these sorts of films some day. If nothing else, I can cook, and I hear food is a much-needed necessity in such endeavors. ;)

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:59 PM

    I am so glad you liked the movie Rael, (though I was pretty sure you would). ;) Hopefully it didn't set you behind too much on your writing (I really am looking forward to more of your story!), but perhaps it was worth it.

    TTYS!
    ~Charity

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did like it, and thanks for recommending it, Charity! No, it was definitly worth the time it took to watch. :-) I just had a very productive night of writing last night to make up for it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:31 AM

    Hey there Rael, so I hear the NaNo has started again, has it? I'd love to read what you've written so far! I guess I wouldn't have the time to write myself, though, since I've finally, finally started with my thesis (I know I've been talking about it for almost a year now...)

    Anyway, hope to hear from you again some time, and keep up the good (writing) work!

    ~Muglin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Muglin, I sent you an invite to read my NaNo story. Let me know if it doesn't work. I hope your thesis is going well so far!

    ReplyDelete