(image from the BBC production of Little Dorrit)
It's been rainy here today - I love it! While I was driving Whit to school, we listened to Andrew Peterson's Clear to Venus album and kept hearing rain mentioned in songs. I thought that was cool. :-)
Today I have done the following:
-Smashed my finger in the suburban door. Ahaha, that was painful. But what could I do but laugh? I only smashed it because ... well, not quite sure how it happened. It had something to do with the umbrella...
- Made chocolate cheesecake, with raspberries and whipped cream as topping, for my brother Whit's birthday. Hurray! He's 16, and quite a fine young man. I am a blessed sister in each of my brothers. :-)
- Baked chicken from the freezer, since the oven was hot... I guess we'll have chicken again... Hey, in pita bread! Mmmm...
- Ground some wheat...
- ...And mixed up some dough for pitas, which is rising at the moment
- Washed dishes
- Listening to musicals and Frank Sinatra
- Spent too much time on Facebook...
- And now am finally sitting down to do some editing/writing. With mint tea and a sprinkle-decked donut. Aren't I so disciplined? (no answer needed, thank you)
Little Elba, how’s the rain in South America?
Does it fall upon the rooftops of the sick?
Do they thank the Lord for coming up with such a great idea
and dream about a place beyond all this?
~from Andrew Peterson's song, Land of the Free~