Tuesday, October 12, 2010
172. The crisp, neat smoothness of clothes freshly ironed
173. Honey from friends' bees
174. An ever-patient, ever-loving, bearing-all-things mother
175. A second letter from Zach
176. The throbbing purr of Bella-cat when she flops down beside me cozily.
177. Conversation about communication
178. Enough cinnamon rolls to share
179. A safe weekend trip
180. Cool stories from my dad about Belize - especially the Indiana Jones cave, and the spot where they shot a scene from Star Wars
181. Brothers to pray for and help me grow
182. Cool night air drifting in through the open windows
183. Delighted squeals from a 3-year-old girl, feeding our chickens from her hand.
184. The invention of Playaways - so handy and enjoyable on trips and while puttering around the house!
185. A slivered new moon
186. The growing friendliness of the chickens (even if it is because they know who feeds them)
187. A surprise visit from old friends on their way through Texas
188. The bravery of such friends to adopt.
189. An evening watching TV shows with Whit and the Mother
190. Seeing a lady in the store console a little lost girl and help her find her parents.
191. The West Texas friendliness of smiling at complete strangers
192. Hearing someone who just moved here say it was better than California, and more like their hometown. :-) I don't hear that too often!
193. A sign for the "Open A Bar" Ranch. Hehe.
194. Madeline L'Engles's marvelous, thoughtful little book, A Circle of Quiet
195. Raspberry ginger ale
196. Lavender Blueberry Dark Chocolate
197. Limited funds, to better enjoy the above by making it rare. ;-)
198. A reminder that Light Isn't Boring
199. Clean sheets
200. Home sweet home, and crickets singing softly into the night.