Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Source of Radiance

Those who look on Him are radiant,
And their faces shall never be ashamed.
~Psalm 34:5~

This is what I want - to radiate Christ's glory and beauty and holiness. To reflect joyfully what is all from Him, as the moon mirrors the sun's light, as a lonely person beams with delight at sight of an old and beloved friend. But of course, so much greater is our joy from God!

~~~

As my dear Daddy noticed, I'm attempting again to post daily. Let's see how long I can keep it up, shall we?

My tendency is to spend way too much time reading other blogs, so if I need to vacate myself from the blog world altogether, this may be short-lived. I've felt an uncomfortable conviction lately that I need to redeem my time, that I've been piddling too much of it away. So I'm praying about what that will look like and mustering courage to make some changes.

Now, I know pictures make blogs way more exciting, but one constructive habit at a time is hard enough to form, so I can't promise regular pics. What else might you my readers like to see in my posts? Descriptions of the garden's progress? What we have for dinner? Quotes on a particular subject? Book/movie/music reviews? Theological quandries? Rants on the culture? Stories from my childhood?

Have a redemptive Thursday, do hard things, look to the Lord and be radiant!

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I just got here from YLCF and wanted to tell you that you have a very nice blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Elizabeth. How nice to be visited from another YLCF reader! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:40 AM

    Enjoyed browsing through your blog! wishing you blessings and joy as you continue to live for Jesus!

    ReplyDelete