Sunday, January 09, 2011

Books Read in 2010

I haven't posted anything on my poor blog in ages, and it's time I put out something to anyone who might still want to read it. 

I've been slowing down lately, in the quiet of the new year, and today I thought to myself, "Self, what did you read this year?" One of my few well-kept habits is to record books I read.  Here they are. Some were re-reads of favorites, some were ho-hum, some were wonderful surprises, and some I even got around to reviewing. 

2010 -  Books Read by Rael 

Worlds Unseen - Rachel Starr Thomson
Burning Light  - Rachel Starr Thomson
Humility -  Andrew Murray
Passion and Purity - Elizabeth Elliot
Flatland - Edwin A. Abbitt
Till We Have Faces -  C. S. Lewis
Glaen - Fred Lybrand
The Last Thing I Remember - Andrew Klavan
The Long Way Home - Andrew Klavan
The Great Divorce -  C. S. Lewis
The Heavenly Man - Brother Yun with Paul Hattaway
The Final Quest - Rick Joyner
Howl's Moving Castle - Diana Wynne Jones
Dug Down Deep -  Joshua Harris
The Vanishing Sculptor - Donita K. Paul
Safely Home - Randy Alcorn
On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness - Andrew Peterson
The Four Loves - C. S. Lewis
Calm My Anxious Heart - Linda Dillow
The Little Lame Prince - Dinah Maria Mulock Craik
North! Or Be Eaten -  Andrew Peterson
Dombey and Son - Charles Dickens
The Ordinary Princess - M. M. Kaye
The Truth of the Matter - Andrew Klavan


Hopefully more soon!  I really have missed blogging.  What sort of posts would you like to see here in the future?  (And what really good book should I read this year?)

2 comments:

  1. Hello! Nice to see you posting again!

    Have you read Till We Have Faces before? I'm curious to know what you thought of it; I really, really loved it myself, but it's one of those that people either love or hate. I've never read Rachel Starr Thomson's books, but they look very good from your reviews.

    I love reading bookish posts. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, Abigail! I have read Till We Have Faces, twice now, and I love it, too! Even though it's quite strange, and rather depressing because of Orual's point of view, it's incredibly encouraging and insightful by the end. :-) I should do a more in-depth review of it sometimes, but if you're interested, Peter Kreeft has a great talk on the book here: http://www.peterkreeft.com/audio/16_cslewis-till-we-have-faces.htm

    I'll remember I have a fan of bookish posts! :-D

    ReplyDelete