Saturday, January 13, 2007

A poet who plays guitar

My older brother, Sam, recently introduced me to a wonderful musician named Andrew Peterson. For Christmas he gave me Love and Thunder, from whence came my quotes of the last few posts, and which I've been listening to and humming repeatedly without tiring. He reminds me a bit of Chris Rice, rather acoustic with some of the deeper lyrics I've heard in a while. He's a fan of Lewis and Tolkien too, which he hints at in some songs. If you feel so inclined, you may legally listen to his album, A Far Country, which he has posted on his website. I especially recommend "Little Boy Heart Alive" and "Heavens Grey" to my Inkling-loving readers, but all the songs are good. "Lay Me Down" is a great example of his ballad-type songs.

*Note: The above picture is from cover art for A Far Country, courtesy of www.andrew-peterson.com

No comments:

Post a Comment