Saturday, May 23, 2009

gathering, baking, visiting, and other putterings

Today, I
  • went to friends' house where I gathered eggs, watered plants, and fed dog, fish, and cat their respective foodstuffs
  • tried my hand at angel food cake, since I have extra eggs... success!
  • visited with Grandma
  • plodded along in Ivanhoe
  • searched for quotes to add to my writing
  • cleaned the kitchen
  • admired the huge bunch of garden flowers bursting from a mason jar on the kitchen table
  • enjoyed a light pattering of sprinkles
  • quaffed plenty of coffee and nibbled a square of Ghirardelli raspberry-filled chocolate left from Christmas (I know, how could it last so long? I s'pose I have a habit of hoarding my stocking goodies for special occasions, or impulsive moments when I actually remember my hidden treasures)
  • looked forward to a family coming over tonight for tea, desert, and conversation... and maybe a little Speed Scrabble?
  • watched the Mother make homemade chocolate syrup
  • found this horridly-funny-yet-true quote:
“She's the sort of woman who lives for others - you can tell the others by their hunted expression."
~C. S. Lewis~


1 comment:

  1. Wow... much accomplished in one day!
    How wonderful to be so productive... ;)
    *smiles* Hope you have a wonderful
    Lord's Day!!!!

    Many Blessings~ Jen

    ReplyDelete