- went to friends' house where I gathered eggs, watered plants, and fed dog, fish, and cat their respective foodstuffs
- tried my hand at angel food cake, since I have extra eggs... success!
- visited with Grandma
- plodded along in Ivanhoe
- searched for quotes to add to my writing
- cleaned the kitchen
- admired the huge bunch of garden flowers bursting from a mason jar on the kitchen table
- enjoyed a light pattering of sprinkles
- quaffed plenty of coffee and nibbled a square of Ghirardelli raspberry-filled chocolate left from Christmas (I know, how could it last so long? I s'pose I have a habit of hoarding my stocking goodies for special occasions, or impulsive moments when I actually remember my hidden treasures)
- looked forward to a family coming over tonight for tea, desert, and conversation... and maybe a little Speed Scrabble?
- watched the Mother make homemade chocolate syrup
- found this horridly-funny-yet-true quote:
“She's the sort of woman who lives for others - you can tell the others by their hunted expression."
~C. S. Lewis~